Monday, April 19, 2010

Journey Back to Self: 13

Day 13, Saturday,

A full day of movement, meditation, tears and going into the pain today with my friend Sofiah’s movement workshop. Found myself being resistant to moving at first, the pain just wanting to paralyze me, incapacitate me, ruin me. I moved though, and felt like nothing but a shell. Total empty, void of any substance, I felt dead but the movement reminded me I am still alive.

I felt like the body was moving, but the spirit, the soul was gone from it. Going thru the motions still held it’s own release on the physical level. I found myself just feeling hopeless and frustrated that I am back here again in this place of hurt and disappointment that I can not be met by him on any of the deeper levels I need to be met. My prayer was to let go, to release, but I felt trapped in the feelings all day and even when I got home.

Again, I am questioning my sanity at why I even care, and why I am so attached still. One of the other women in the workshop ended a 14 year relationship about a year ago, and it was inspiring to be with her grace and joy. She was so happy to be alone and so strong, and it inspired me to know that I too will be there soon and I know that place is available for me as soon as I can allow it fully to take root.

When I got home tonite, though in spite of my resolve to “think forward thinking thoughts,” I broke down again in deep mournful crying. Why did I allow myself to love so much? Why did I allow myself to love a man who wasn’t capable of loving me fully? Why did I choose a man who doesn’t even know who he is, who’s sexuality is so confused by the trauma of his childhood, who won’t get help, refuses to get help to heal and mature, who chooses to stay stuck in depression?

The aching in my core, the sickness in my stomach, the total grief of it took me over again tonite and I let it tear at me like a wild raging animal. And then I grabbed my drum, my ally, my friend, my confidant who hears all, and I sang thru my tears. I sang with the wounded voice of barely breathing grief, I screamed, I cursed him, I cursed myself, I prayed to God to give me some rest from this pain, to teach me to let go, to not plague my mind anymore by any thoughts of him, or wondering what he’s doing, why he won’t talk to me, who he’s sleeping with already, what friends of mine he will try to seduce. I played and sang and before I slept I returned to my mantra, “Forward thinking thoughts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment